Vegan Spaghetti Carbonara
With recipes like this you really don’t miss anything, being vegan! This vegan spaghetti carbonara was put together by the legends at Healthy Luxe, using our DIY Condiments – Hollandaise.
Spaghetti carbonara was a family favourite growing up, so this brings back all the feels for us! If you’re vegan, or can’t have dairy or eggs for whatever reason, fear not! Our vegan spaghetti carbonara is free from eggs and dairy and packed full of flavour. Enjoy this super light yet filling pasta dish!
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 200 grams mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 200 grams gluten free spaghetti (or pasta of choice)
- 10 grams Ulu Hye ‘hollandaise’ from the DIY condiments range
- 1/4 cup nut mylk (prepared using Ulu hye nut mylk base). Note: swap for water if you require a nut free option
- 150 ml oil (sunflower or light olive oil)
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C
- Combine tamari and olive oil in a small mixing bowl, mix well
- Place sliced mushrooms in a larger bowl and coat with this mix
- Spread mushrooms on lined baking tray
- Bake for 15 minutes, turn off heat and leave in the oven for a further 15 minutes
- Cook spaghetti as per manufacturer’s instructions
- To prepare Ulu Hye hollandaise, place 2 tsp hollandaise mix in a blender with nut mylk (or water). Blend for 1 minute
- Blend on a low speed setting and very slowly/gradually add the oil. Blend until thickened
- Pour sauce over freshly cooked spaghetti and mix well
- Top with mushroom ‘bacon’ and fresh sprouts (optional). Serve and enjoy!