Vegan Potato Salad
Ok, so one thing we missed terribly when going vegan was potato salad. Little back story; we’ve (the girl bosses of Ulu) been best mates for 20 years so we share majority of our memories. One of our closest friends always made potato salad. Whenever there was a gathering we were always so excited about it because we knew this friend would always make potato salad and it was the bomb! Well, we finally have a vegan alternative. Yay!
Vegan potato salad is so great because it’s the perfect dish to bring to a gathering. Everyone always loves a good potato salad. We also love it because it keeps in the fridge, so you can stand by the fridge and just eat it from the bowl with a fork. Who used to do that? We sure did…and still do!
- 4 medium sized white potatoes chopped into cubes
- 1/3 cup finely chopped spring onion (the green stem part)
- 1 tbsp seeded mustard
- 1 tbsp dried chives (or fresh if you have)
- 1 tsp himalayan pink salt
- 1/2-3/4 cup DIY Condiments Mayonnaise (dependant on your taste)
- fresh parsley to garnish
- Boil the chopped potatoes until firm but soft approx. 15 minutes on high.
- Strain and rinse in cold water then place in the fridge to cool.
- Once potatoes are cold, place into a medium to large serving bowl.
- Combine spring onion, mustard, chives, salt and mayo and add to potatoes, stirring through gently.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.