Vegan Mushroom Pie
It’s perfect timing for this vegan mushroom pie, as the cooler months roll in. It’s creamy, chunky, full of flavour and immune boosting properties thanks to Masons mushrooms powdered extract by Superfeast.
A winter warming dish, packed full of immune boosting properties. The filling is deliciously creamy thanks to the coconut cream and nut milk.
This vegan mushroom pie has an aromatic blend of spices which warm the digestive fire and reduce any digestive discomfort.
We have added a couple of teaspoons of Superfeast Masons Mushrooms powdered extract, in addition to the bulk mushrooms in this recipe. This powdered extract gives you a blend of 8 medicinal mushrooms. These mushrooms help nourish and restore our adrenals so that we respond better in times of stress. They nourish the nervous system, build and strengthen the immune system and restore gut function. Amazing! Some of the mushrooms used in this extract have been shown to be anti-cancer and anti-viral. This is the perfect winter recipe to fight off infection during the cold and flu season.
- 5 tbsp olive oil (divided into 3 & 2 tbsp lots)
- 2 onions chopped
- 5 cups white mushrooms some chopped fine, some half, some whole
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp all spice
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp rice malt syrup
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 cup nut milk (made using our Nut Mylk Base)
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1 carrot finely chopped
- 1 cup peas (frozen is ok)
- 8 sheets of filo pastry (there are vegan options in your supermarket)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp chilli flakes (omit if you prefer no spice)
- 2 tsp Masons mushroom powdered extract