The Best Kale Salad Yet!
I know, I know what you’re thinking – how can this be the best kale salad yet? But it is, trust us. It’s so simple but the combinations of ingredients just work. The texture and taste will blow your mind and this will fast become your staple salad. Another bonus is that this salad has minimal ingredients, and if you’re anything like us and usually have a bunch of kale in the fridge, this kale salad will end up being a regular addition in your diet. Read on to find out how!
- 4 cups kale
- ½ cup pecans
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½-1 tsp Himalayan salt (adjust according to your taste, but salt is key!)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Finely chop the kale (we chopped ours in our thermomix but a food processor does the same job)
- Toast the pecans in a pan on the stovetop until a beautiful aroma fills your kitchen
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and add the salt in increments until to a taste you enjoy
This kale salad is actually high in protein, yep it’s true! Yeah, Kale! It is also high in dietary fibre and low in calories, whilst rating high in vitamin C, A, K and antioxidants. Kale also registers a high level of chlorophyll therefore an excellent detox food.
Olive oil is an excellent source of poly-unsaturated fats and is highly beneficial for healthy hair, skin, nails and mucus membranes. Good fats are great for overall brain health, cognitive function and a regulator of inflammation. Pecans also fall into this category, being a rich source of essential fatty acids.
Pink Himalayan salt is rich in all minerals, not just sodium, providing you with a balanced source.
Feel free to tell us your thoughts on this salad recipe by commenting below!