Savoury Crepes & Hollandaise
We have a thing for crepes. Sweet or savoury, we don’t mind. These savoury crepes are a delicious way to get through your veggies, espeically if you really need to use them up.
Chickpea (or besan) flour is one of our faves to cook with. It’s gluten free but has such a great moist texture to it. Not only that but it’s super high in protein. Winning!
We are often asked what to use Hollandaise sauce on if it’s not eggs. Well, this savoury crepe goes perfectly with a dollop of DIY Condiments Hollandaise sauce. The best part is you can make just what you need. Let’s reduce food waste. Yea!
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- small handful curly parsley
- 1/4 cup capsicum chopped
- 1/3 zucchini chopped
- 2-3 mushrooms chopped
- 1/4 green olives chopped
- 1/4 red onion finely chopped
- 1 small garlic clove crushed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp olive oil
DIY Condiments Hollandaise
- Saute olive oil, garlic and onion on a high heat until golden.
- Add the rest of the filling ingredients and cook for 3-5 minutes and set aside.
- In a medium bowl add batter ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Drizzle a small amount of oil in your frying pan over medium heat. When hot, pour in just enough batter to cover the base. Tilt the pan so batter covers base in a thin film.
- Cook crepe for a couple of minutes, until underside is golden, then use a spatula to flip and do the same for the other side. Place crepe on a plate and continue with remaining batter.
- Add filling vegetables to one side of the crepe, ensuring you can fold the crepe over, or in the centre and roll your crepe, whichever you’d prefer.
- Dollop warmed DIY Condiments – Hollandaise on top and garnish with finely chopped parsley.