Rice bubble squares
One of our favourite combinations dessert with a crunch! These rice bubble squares are exactly that. We’ve combined all of our favourite ingredients into one treat –
You’re welcome 🙂 But in all seriousness, these rice bubble squares make a great treat for kids parties, or adults needing something sweet! The great thing with this recipe is that you can choose how sweet you want it. The main thing that is sticking everything together is the peanut butter and coconut oil. If you’re feeling like something sweet, then go with the 1/2 cup maple syrup. Otherwise, just reduce your amount if you’re wanting to make it a better choice for your little people.
This recipe is vegan friendly, gluten free and refined sugar free. Yay!
- Line an 8″ square baking dish with baking paper
- In a small bowl, combine peanut butter, coconut oil, maple syrup and stir until until evenly combined
- In a medium bowl, add rice bubbles/puffs, salt and shredded coconut
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and stir well
- Pour mix into baking dish and flatten out, then place into freezer for about 15 minutes
- In a small saucepan, melt the chocolate chips on the lowest heat
- Pour melted chocolate over tray, spreading evenly
- Sprinkle Cocoa Dust and coconut flakes over the top and refrigerate
- Cut into squares once chocolate has set