Milo Nice Cream
Spring has sprung and summer is just around the corner. This milo nice cream using Cocoa Dust is the perfect healthy treat this time of the year.
There are a few reasons why we love this nice cream and cocoa dust recipe. Firstly a lot (not all) of conventional ice creams you can buy from supermarkets are laced with refined sugar, colourings and additives. They’re also a lactose intolerant persons worst nightmare.
Let’s also discuss packaging! Almost all ice creams (dairy or non-dairy) come in some sort of packaging. Some can be recycled, some can’t. When it comes to being environmentally conscious we always go by REDUCE, REUSE, then RECYCLE. This nice cream recipe is quick, easy, yummy and completely zero waste. Yay!
- 2 frozen bananas (slice them before freezing)
- 2 tbsp milk – we used Nut Mylk Base milk (may need a little more milk depending on your blender)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp maca powder
- 2 tsp Cocoa Dust for the topping
- Place frozen bananas, milk, vanilla extract and maca powder into your blender and blend, using your tamper accelerator stick if need be to get things moving.
- Blend until smooth and creamy but still super thick.
- You might need to slowly add a little extra milk in whilst blending if you do not have a tamper stick.
- Serve into a bowl and top with Cocoa Dust.