Jumbo Choc-Caramel Muffins
The bigger the better, right? Here we have a jumbo size choc caramel muffin recipe, oh my!
Muffins are the best! We don’t have too many of these in our repertoire, so we are very excited to have this recipe by @diannayota as a part of our collection.
We love these choc caramel muffins because they are utterly delicious, but not full of refined sugars, like a lot of muffin recipes can be. There are so many alternatives to refined sugar these days, that there really is no need to add it in at all!
Dianna uses Natvia in this recipe, but we love using Xylitol. Whilst it doesn’t sound all that natural, it is! It comes from the birch tree, contains zero calories, does not impact blood glucose levels and protects against dental cavities! Xylitol is usually our go-to sweetener, but any will do that you like to bake with.
- 1.5 cups plain flour
- 1/2 cup vegan choc caramel protein (Dianna uses Happy Way)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 5 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 75g Natvia (or Xylitol)
- 35g vegan chocolate chips
- 1 banana (mashed)
- 1 egg (beaten) or 1 chia egg (1 tbsp chia seeds, 3 tbsp water)
- 190ml almond milk (made using our Almond Mylk Base) (add a dash more if needed) *Tip: blend your milk the night before so it thickens up overnight
- 2-3 heaped tbsp of coconut yoghurt
- 1/2 scoop whey choc caramel protein (Dianna uses Happy Way)