Servings2 cups worth
Healthy vegan nutella
How delicious is Nutella?! We can all agree on that. But it’s full of sugar, milk solids and oils! Our healthy vegan nutella doesn’t contain any of those 🙂
Drizzle on your pancakes or acai bowls, spread it on toast, or spoon it out of the jar. It’s up to you! This healthy vegan nutella is guilt free, perfectly sweet and only uses whole foods. Not to mention it’s super easy to make. Enjoy!
We’ve used our delicious Hazelnut Mylk Base to make some milk for this recipe. It’s the perfect milk for this choc-hazelnut spread.
Did you know that when you consume a whole food diet, your nutritional status bumps up considerably? Whilst this healthy vegan nutella as a delicious treat, it’s actually packed full of nutrients. Hazelnuts contain around 15% protein. They are really high in vitamin E and magnesium. What’s also high in magnesium is Cacao! This spread will give you a good dose of magnesium, thus supporting your nervous system and muscles.
makes around 2 cups worth
- 1 cup hazelnuts that have been soaked in water overnight
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup hazelnut mylk
- 1 dollop coconut cream
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp cacao butter
- Preheat your oven to 170 degrees C and line a tray with a silicon sheet or baking paper
- Drain hazelnuts, rinse well and place onto baking tray
- Roast for around 15-20 minutes then set aside to cool. Alternatively; you can buy your hazelnuts already roasted and skip these steps.
- Place hazelnuts into your blender along with all other ingredients and blend on high until you have a smooth, creamy consistency.
- Transfer into a mason jar or air tight container and store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.