Healthy Baked Jacket Potatoes
We’ve got a classic for you – healthy baked jacket potatoes. Yum! You’re not going to disappoint anyone with this recipe. By using DIY Condiments, it’s vegan friendly!
Your prep time includes making the mayonnaise for your slaw. Simply follow the instructions on the packet to make your mayo.
- 2 medium potatoes washed really well
- 1.5 C red cabbage finely chopped
- 1C grated carrot
- 1C mayonnaise (DIY Condiments)
- 1 packet plant based mince*
- 1 Medium onion chopped finely
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 can tinned tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp italian herbs
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- salt and pepper to taste
- Optional toppings vegan cheese, spring onion or coconut bakon.
- Preheat your oven to 175°C
- Pierce the spuds all over then rub a little olive oil and salt on them. Wrap in aluminium foil loosely and bake for approx. 90 minutes or until soft
- Place chopped cabbage and grated carrot into a medium bowl and set aside.
- In an old Mylk Base jar, or similar bowl add 2 tsp DIY Condiments Mayonnaise and 1/4 cup water. Blend with a stick blender. Slowly add 1 cup of neutral oil (we use unrefined organic sunflower oil) and keep blending until you have a thick creamy mayo
- Pour mayo into the bowl with cabbage and carrot and stir through. Place in the fridge
- Over a medium to high heat in a medium saucepan cook onion and garlic until fragrant. Add mince. With a wooden spoon break up the mince and cook through for a few minutes
- Add nutritional yeast, italian herbs, salt and pepper and stir through
- Stir through tinned tomato, tomato paste and mustard. You don’t need to add any additional water. Cook for about 10-15 minutes and set aside
- One potatoes are cooked, take them out and place onto serving dish
- Cut through the middle and fill with mince and top with slaw
*For the plant based mince we used Naturli Plant Based Mince from Woolies. Use the whole packet and you’ll have delicious left overs.