Gooey choc peanut butter cookies
Who doesn’t love cookies? These gooey choc peanut butter cookies are made with besan (chickpea) flour! We love cooking with besan flour as it gives a lightness to recipes, with just the right amount of moistness. These cookies are gentle on the gut because they are refined sugar free, dairy, egg and gluten free. The peanut butter, coconut oil and chocolate give it all the gooeyness you need from a cookie.
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 1/3 cup nut milk
- 1 1/2 cup besan (chickpea) flour
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup vegan chocholate chopped
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- Heat oven to 180 degrees
- Soak chia seeds in water for about 5 minutes, until a gel forms
- Whisk coconut sugar and coconut oil together until combined
- Add flour, baking powder and vanilla and stir thoroughly
- Add the chia mix and chocolate and fold through
- Line your baking tray with baking paper
- Use a dessert spoon to scoop a spoonful of mixture and place onto baking tray. Space them a little as they will spread
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes. Don’t over-bake as you will lose the gooeyness, and that’s what makes these cookies so divine!
Besan flour is gluten free. 100g of besan flour gives you a massive 22g of protein. Making these cookies high in protein. Therefore they have a positive effect on our blood sugar levels.
Peanut butter is also high in protein. Some might say these cookies are the perfect afternoon snack!
Coconut sugar has a low GI, contains trace amounts of vitamin C, potassium, magnesium, zinc, calcium and iron. It is free from fructose and a sustainable sugar!
Chia seeds are a nutrient power house. They are high in protein, essential fatty acids and fibre. They make for the perfect egg replacer too.