DIY Toothpaste Recipe
Another pesky bit of plastic in every household is the toothpaste tube. We once thought we had no choice but we are pleased to provide you with a simple, yet so effective DIY toothpaste recipe that you won’t even miss the old stuff.
*makes approx. 130ml worth of toothpaste
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Small glass jar (try to reuse a jar, our Nut Mylk Base jars are perfect for this)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2.5 tbsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp xylitol
- 20 drops peppermint oil
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- Optional: 1tsp activated charcoal
- Gently soften coconut oil
- Add ingredients and stir through with a spoon or a fork
- Place mixture into used glass jar and allow to cool
- Dip toothbrush in to jar, to brush teeth.
Coconut oil is excellent to help pull toxins from the mouth.
Bicarb soda helps clean and balance the pH of the mouth.
Xylitol not only provides a sweet taste, but is excellent for oral health. It has been shown to reduce tooth decay.
Your homemade toothpaste will be void artificial sweeteners. Flouride is a known endocrine disruptor. Many developed countries, particularly in Europe, do not fluoridate their water. In countries with fluoridated water, there is no less tooth decay then non-fluoridated countries.