Dairy Free Lemon Cake
Lemon in dessert is just the best, isn’t it? This dairy free lemon cake hits the spot, with the perfect amount of zest and sweetness.
It’s no secret that we’re obsessed with oat flour in baking. It’s light, super high in fibre and rich in beta glucans. Beta glucans are incredibly good for the immune system – they speak directly to our defence cells to help fight colds, viruses and parasites.
We are all about food as medicine, but making sure it’s delicious in the process.
Grab yourself a cuppa once you’ve made this dairy free lemon cake and enjoy a slice.
- 1 C oat flour
- 1 1/4 C wholemeal self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- 1 C xylitol
- 1/4 C melted coconut oil
- 1 C almond milk (made using our Almond Mylk Base)
- 1/4 C coconut yogurt
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 flax or chia egg (1 tbsp ground seed with 3 tbsp water soaked for 5 mins)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 C cashews soaked for at least 1 hr
- 1/4 C coconut milk
- 1/4 C maple syrup
- 2 TBSP lemon juice
- 2 -4 TBSP almond milk (made using our Almond Mylk Base)