Crunchy peanut butter cups
Hands up who’s obsessed with peanut butter? These crunchy peanut butter cups really hit the spot. They take 5 minutes to make, half an hour to freeze and only require a handful of ingredients. For that crunch we added activated buckinis and shredded coconut. These aren’t a guilty pleasure, they are simply a pleasure to eat!
Our journey towards zero waste is in full force. You can find all of these ingredients at your local Source Bulk Foods store. We are also in the habit of taking our jars with us to refill. An excellent way to really reduce waste.
- ½ cup of smooth peanut butter (or crunchy if you prefer)
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 decent pinches of salt
- 1 tbsp agave syrup or sweetener of your choice
- ¼ cup activated buckinis
- 1 tbsp shredded coconut
- 6 patty pans
- 1 tbsp cacao
- 14 Cacao butter buttons
- In a small bowl, combine peanut butter and melted coconut oil. Stir until completely smooth
- Add agave, salt and stir well
- Add shredded coconut and activated buckinis and stir through
- Pour mix evenly into 6 patty cakes.
- Place onto a plate or board and freeze for 30 minutes
- While freezing, in a double boiler or small pot on low heat, melt cacao butter buttons. Add cacao and stir well
- Pour into a bowl, and allow to cool to room temperature (or close to; this will help the chocolate drizzle set and look better)
- Pull out your peanut butter cups, and drizzle chocolate sauce over the top with a spoon
- Re-freeze for a further 15 minutes
A filling and guilt free snack. The size of these cups is about 3-4 bites worth, so you’re not over eating here. The protein and fat in these cups fill you up, balance your blood sugars and satisfy.
1 peanut butter cup is giving you over 10 grams of protein through the peanut butter, and activated buckinis.
Cacao is rich in minerals, mainly magnesium. An essential mineral for nervous system function including nervous tension, energy, stress and sleep.
These crunchy peanut butter cups are vegan friendly, gluten free and refined sugar free.