Creamy Vegan Spaghetti Carbonara
Growing up, Dad’s signature dish was always spaghetti carbonara, so we simply had to make a plant based version! Our creamy vegan spaghetti carbonara is not like your average carbonara – we’ve used cauliflower as part of the creamy sauce. It’s all about healthy alternatives for us.
Well, dad was blown away when he tried this vegan carbonara!
By choosing a gluten free option for the pasta, this creamy vegan carbonara can be a healthy, light meal!
IngredientsFor the "egg-free" sauce
- 1/2 head cauliflower chopped into small chunks
- 3/4 cup cashews soaked for 30 min in warm water
- 3/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- tamari splash
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 cup almond milk (made using our Almond Mylk Base) (use more or less depending on the consistency you wish to have)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp tamari or ketchup manis
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup salt
- 500g spaghetti (dry weight)
- chopped parsley
- vegan parmesan: 1/2 cup hemp seeds, 4 tbsp nutritional yeast, 1/4 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp salt all blitzed in your food processor for 3-5 seconds
- optional: 1/4 cup grated vegan cheese