Chocolate Lava Mug Cake
Gooey chocolate lava mug cake. Enough said, really. We’ve been seeing these mug cakes all over the place. Really didn’t think much of it until we had a crack at making one. Hooley dooley, were these quite possibly the most delicious things to ever grace our presence!
These gooey chocolate mug cake recipe is totally adaptable to your dietary requirements. It’s a plant based recipe but the oil can be substituted for butter if you wish.
From start to in your belly, you’re looking at around 25 minutes.
If you know anything about our recipes, it’s that we do our best to make them as “least-naughty” as possible. That’s why we’ve added chocolate protein powder into the mix and omitted any additional sugars or sweeteners.
- 1/4 cup chocolate buttons plus 4 extra buttons
- 1/4 cup coconut oil/butter or vegan butter - up to you
- 1/2 cup hazelnut milk (made using our Hazelnut Mylk Base)
- 1/4 cup flour - we used gluten free
- 1/4 cup chocolate protein powder
- optional - 1 tbsp cacao (depending on how decadent you want it to be)
- pinch salt