Chocolate Lava Mug Cake
Gooey chocolate lava mug cake, ‘nough said. Made for one and ready in about 25 minutes from start to finish, we’ve tried to make this as “least-naughty” as possible. That’s why we’ve added chocolate protein powder into the mix and omitted any additional sugars or sweeteners.
Not only is it quick and easy to make, this gooey chocolate mug cake recipe is totally adaptable to your dietary requirements too. It’s a plant-based recipe but the oil can be substituted for butter if you prefer.
Enjoy and let us know how you go!
- 1/4 cup chocolate buttons plus 4 extra buttons
- 1/4 cup coconut oil/butter or vegan butter - up to you
- 1/2 cup hazelnut milk (made using our Hazelnut Mylk Base)
- 1/4 cup flour - we used gluten free
- 1/4 cup chocolate protein powder
- optional - 1 tbsp cacao (depending on how decadent you want it to be)
- Pinch of salt