Chocolate Dessert Hummus
Chocolate hummus… I avoided making this for so long because there was nothing about it that excited me. Well, after months if not years of my business partner, Heidi pestering me, I finally gave in and made some dessert chocolate hummus.
And let me tell you, It was love at first dip! This chocolate hummus ticks all of my naturopathic boxes:
– high in protein
– high in dietary fibre
– rich in calcium, iron, potassium and magnesium
– good source of B vitamins
This chocolate hummus is super easy. You can use tinned chickpeas if you don’t want to soak and cook your chickpeas. If you’re cooking from scratch, make sure to rinse well and soak overnight. If you have a sensitive tummy and tend to bloat with chickpeas, add a little bicarb soda in while cooking and rinse well once cooked.
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas (or 1 can drained and rinsed)
- 4 tbsp cacao
- 2 tbsp peanut butter (or any nut butter)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp melted cooking chocolate
- 1-2 tbsp plant based milk (depending on the consistency you desire)