Vegan Choc-Peanut Butter Rice Bubble Bars
These Vegan Choc-Peanut Butter Rice Bubble Bars are going to take you back to your childhood (minus the tummy ache and tooth decay)! 5 ingredients and so easy to make. They are seriously addictive though, so be warned. Perfect for children’s birthday parties, or just any time really.
*makes 9 squares depending on the size you cut them
- 3 cups rice puffs
- 1.5 cups vegan dark chocolate
- 1 cup peanut butter (crunchy or smooth, you choose)
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ agave or maple syrup.
- Line a square baking dish with baking paper and set aside.
- Over a double boiler, place chocolate in a medium to large bowl and commence the melting process.
- Add the coconut oil, agave or maple syrup, and peanut butter and stir until completely melted and combined.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Add rice puffs to chocolate and stir through until completely combined.
- Pour into baking dish and flatten down so the top is even.
- Place in refrigerator and allow to set (minimum 4 hours).
- Cut into squares or bars.
A healthy alternative to a classic treat. Gluten free, dairy free, egg and soy free. Refined sugar free and low GI. High in magnesium and dietary fibre. This treat won’t send your blood sugar levels through the roof, like the traditional way of making these.