Cheesy Vegan Gnocchi
Nothing beats homemade gnocchi and this “cheesy” vegan gnocchi recipe is so easy, anyone can make it! Let’s face it, gnocchi is the ultimate crowd pleasing comfort meal.
Our cheesy vegan gnocchi recipe is light, fluffy and would you guess that the “cheesy” white sauce contains cauliflower?! Got to sneak some veggies in, somehow!
Our cheese sauce has the perfect combination of cauliflower, cashews, our plant based milk and nutritional yeast. It’s light, yet packed with flavour.
IngredientsFor the gnocchi
- 500g potatoes - boiled until soft
- 1 1/4 C flour of your choice
- 1 tsp salt
- half head of cauliflower - boiled until soft
- 3/4 C raw cashews - soaked for at least 30 minutes
- 1 C almond milk (made using our Almond Mylk Base)
- 3/4 C nutritional yeast
- 1/2 brown onion chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic chopped finely
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- juice of 1 freshly squeezed lemon
- splash of tamari
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 handful vegan cheese