31 Jan Raw vegan peanut butter slice recipe
Do your eyes light up when you see the words raw vegan peanut butter slice recipe? Well, they should! Peanut butter is something we simply can’t get enough of. It’s one of those things you fear you’ll over do however, it’s peanut butter, and that bond cannot be broken. This raw slice is the perfect vegan, paleo and refined sugar free treat. What’s great is you don’t need a lot. Therefore, there is no fear of over eating with this little treasure.
*makes 12 squares.
- 1 ½ cups almond meal
- ¼ cup cacao
- ¼ cup agave syrup
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- ¾ cup water
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup agave syrup
- Pinch salt
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil
- 2 tbsp Cacao butter
- 3 tbsp Cacao
- Line a square pyrex or baking dish with baking paper
- In a bowl, combine all base ingredients. A thick dough like consistency should form.
- Press base mixture into lined pyrex or baking dish and place in freezer.
- In a blender, combine all filling ingredients and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour over base mixture, cover, and place back in freezer for approx. 2-3 hours.
- Combine chocolate ingredients in a small pot over a low heat or double boiler. Drizzle over slice and chocolate should solidify pretty quickly.
- Cut into 12 small squares (or whatever size you wish).
- Consume immediately, and freeze the rest.
Being predominately nuts and healthy fats, this raw peanut butter slice is one to satiate and prevent over eating. Now, here at Ulu Hye we love a treat, and we give it a red hot crack when we make a tray of, well…anything. However, this raw slice will last a while in your freezer because, 1 small square gives you a good dose of protein and healthy fats. Therefore, you are completely satisfied with a small portion.
We went with unrefined dark agave syrup as the sweetener. Alternatively, you are welcome to use a sweetener of your choice. Due to its rich mineral status and low glycaemic index, we went with agave.