17 Nov Healthy Chocolate Mousse Cake
If you love mousse, and chocolate, then this health chocolate mousse cake is going to make your dreams come true. The texture, the taste, the ingredients, they’re all spot on and the best part is, it’s actually good for you!
If you’ve got a dinner party to attend and have offered to bring a dish, then this is it. It will be hard to find someone who doesn’t fall in love with this cake.
- 1.5 cups almonds
- ½ cup oat flour
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp agave syrup
- 1 tbsp water (if needed)
- 1 cup baked sweet potato mashed
- 1 cup pitted medjool dates
- 1 and 1/2 cups nut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 TBS cacao butter melted
- Grind almonds until they are a fine meal consistency
- Add shredded coconut, coconut flour, agave and water and blend
- Line a 6” spring form pan with baking paper, press out crust base in the pan and place to one side
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees celcius
- Combine all mousse ingredients in your blender and blend until smooth and creamy
- Pour on top of base and smooth out the top
- Bake for 45-50 minutes
- Allow this to cool, and then refrigerate overnight
- Serve chilled with your choice of topping – we went with raspberries. Yum!
Please note: for the purpose of our photograph, we tripled the mousse filling for a higher cake, because you know, instagram.
This decadent, health chocolate mousse cake is kicking goals. It’s dairy free, gluten free, egg free, low fat, paleo dessert. This dessert is rich in magnesium from cacao, high in vitamin A, C and dietary fibre from sweet potato. A guilt free indulgence.
Be warned though, this cake is so good that it is hard to stop once you start. We may or may not have finished off this cake, in one sitting, with just the two of us.