Our delicious raw vegan blueberry cheesecake recipe is super easy to make, and has a similar consistency to the real thing. Truely. This recipe is a staple dessert for dairy free homes. Not only can you whip this up in under an hour, it’s somewhat guilt free!
- 1 cup almonds
- ½ cup pecans
- 1 cup dates
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups cashews
- 1/2 cup macadamias
- ½ cup coconut milk
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries
- Line a 6” spring pan with baking paper and set aside
- Place all base ingredients in a blender, and blend until you form a sticky mixture
- Press out mixture in spring pan firmly, and place in freezer
- Clean your blender
- Place filling ingredients except blueberries into your blender, and blend on high until a smooth consistency is formed
- Place half the mix aside in a bowl
- Add 1 cup of blueberries to remaining mixture in blender, and further blend until combine
- Pour blueberry mixture evenly into spring pan
- Pour remaining cheesecake mixture that was set aside and form 2 layers
- Place back in the freezer to allow to set for min 2 hours
- Garnish with fresh blueberries
*If you want to create a pretty patten for your cake, reserve a small amount of the blueberry mixture and place in a piping bag or squeezy bottle. Create your pattern, and with a toothpick draw some lines through the pattern.
Being abundant in nuts, this vegan cheesecake is high in protein, dietary fibre and rich in minerals.
Blueberries are also high in dietary fibre. A great dessert to support healthy bowel movements 🙂
Blueberries are an excellent immune boosting food. 1 cup of blueberries gives you 24% of your RDA. These little balls of goodness are so rich in antioxidants which are essential to scavenge free radicals within the body and promote longevity. Due to these antioxidant properties of blueberries, they may fight cancer, protect against all aspects of cardiovascular disease and promote healthy brain function.
Being dairy, gluten, egg and soy free, this is a great alternative for those with food intolerances or allergies (provided they are not allergic to any of the nuts used).