With Summer around the corner what better way to refresh yourself with this cooling iced matcha latte! It couldn’t be any easier to make and it tastes like your alkalising and detoxing your system with every sip.
We’re really big fans of matcha. The health benefits are many. Here’s just a few –
Matcha has an ORAC (oxygen radical absorbance capacity – basically the level of antioxidants) value that is far greater than goji berries, acai and blueberries. Antioxidants are incredibly important in modulating inflammation, free radical damage, anti-ageing and immune function, to say the least.
Matcha contains an amino acid called L-theanine. L-theanine creates alpha waves which give you a sense of relaxed alertness. How cool is that?! It can also be beneficial in memory an learning. What better afternoon pick-me-up when you’ve really hit a wall.
Anything that is green in colour is rich in chlorophyll. An exceptional detoxifier and alkaliser.
Using our Nut Mylk Base as your milk not only puts your mind at ease for not contributing additional plastic packaging to landfill, but it’s an incredibly creamy, yet light milk that will leave you so refreshed.
Ideally, you would need a bamboo matcha whisk for this, but can make do with a regular whisk or even a fork.
makes 1 drink
- 1 tsp matcha
- 1 cup Nut Mylk
- 1 tsp maple syrup (optional)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 handful ice cubes
- In a small bowl, combine matcha and a bit of milk and whisk into a paste (this ensures it is all dissolved without any matcha bits in your latte)
- Place ice into a mason jar (or any jar, mason jars are just so pretty)
- Pour milk into jar, followed by your matcha paste
- Replace the lid on your jar and give it a really good shake
- Boom your cooling iced matcha latte is done