01 Sep Creamy Dreamy Chai Latte
Put your hand up if your a chai fan?! Chai, to us, is like Christmas in a cup. It’s just so warming and soothing whilst tasting so damn good. If you’re looking for a healthier alternative to the spice blend in a can then this recipe for our creamy dreamy chai latte is sure going to hit the spot.
- 1 cup water
- 1 large black tea bag
- 2 whole cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (plus more for sprinkling)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon your choice of sweetener (we love dark, unrefined agave syrup)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Nut Mylk Base milk
- In a small sauce pan, bring the water and spices to boil, stirring occasionally. Once boiling point is reached, turn off the heat and steep spices in water for 5 minutes
- After 5 minutes, add black tea, your sweetener and mylk and bring to a slight boil, whilst stirring.
- Remove from heat and allow to steep for a further 5 minutes
- With a strainer, pour chai blend into one large mug, or two small mugs to share. Top with a little extra cinnamon if you wish
The cinnamon and ginger in this creamy dreamy chai latte are incredibly warming making them a perfect drink during the colder months. Not only do these herbs promote circulation throughout the body but they are known as carminatives. Carminatives act on the digestive system to help regulate gut contractions by soothing the gut wall. This action helps relieve bloating, abdominal pain and flatulence.