Ok sure, they may not look that dazzling but these banana and salted caramel muffins are to die for!!!
Baking brings a lot of joy to the Ulu Hye HQ. We openly admit that we are no pro’s when it comes to food styling. That doesn’t mean our recipes are next level good.
Now, we stand firm in saying that salted caramel anything is great. Who agrees?! We’re currently addicted to Pana Salted Caramel Chocolate, so it was a no brainer to add it to these banana muffins.
Banana is a great egg replacer. These muffins are a little bundle of gooey deliciousness with zero refined sugar and a whole heap of flavour.
Making milk for this recipe is easy! Just factor an extra minute to whiz it up in your blender. We chose almond Milk for this recipe, but you can choose any of our 4 bases!
*Makes around 12 mini muffins
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/4 maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour
- 1/2 cup wholemeal self raising flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp bicarb soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 block Pana Salted Caramel Chocolate chopped
- Preheat your oven to 175°C
- Mash the bananas either with a fork or blender, add coconut oil, maple syrup , milk and combine and set aside
- Sift flours into a medium bowl and add coconut sugar, salt, bicarb soda and baking powder
- Add chopped chocolate and stir through
- With a tablespoon spoon out mixture into muffin cases (I like to use silicon cupcake cases as they are reusable)
- Bake for about 25 minutes. Then allow to cool before devouring.
- These are delicious on their own but can be jazzed up with a dollop of coconut yogurt, ice cream or a drizzle of more chocolate!